Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, July 26, 2021

Sunflowers, Tangerini's Farm, Millis, Massachusetts, USA



I, like many, find sunflowers particularly enchanting. So, on the very first day that Tangerini's Farm opened their sunflower field to the public, I made my way there to visit and make some photos. The flowers were not quite as developed nor as plentiful as I wished but, it was still a rewarding outing.



There were very few humans during my visit on this brutally hot and humid summer day but, the honey bees were out in force.



They were neither bothered by nor particularly interested in my presence. At the end of the rows of sunflowers, the farm keeps dozens of hive boxes so these nearby flowers are a close destination if you are a bee.



I just love those translucent wings!



They seemed quite content to do what bees do. 







An incoming bee about to land on the flower.



As I said earlier, this was the first day they opened the sunflower field to the public (though the U-Pick-Em Blueberry Field is still open) - I think I will try to come back when the flowers are more mature and more plentiful. But, since this is a U-Pick-Em field ($3 a stem), those people wanting to pick-em will soon deplete the supply.



There is a small entrance fee whether or not you pick any. I am not a picker but, I am happy to contribute and help support this farm. They also operate a retail store and cafe onsite.



Seems like almost any angle is a good one for the wondrous sunflowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment