Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, April 27, 2020

A Walk Between Storms, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



We have had many stormy, rainy days this spring but on this bright sunny day I stopped downtown on the way to my grocery shopping for a picture of the Spire Center for Performing Arts. Like other venues, it sits quietly awaiting a resumption of performances. I was also struck by this angle of view and my attempt at homage to the Beatles. I noted in the news recently that the London road department had been able to re-paint the iconic Abbey Road crosswalk since there was so little traffic out and about nowadays.



Scallop shell art at the Plymouth waterfront.



Tulips in bloom.



Normally, I head to downtown Boston's Back Bay neighborhood this time of year to enjoy the concentration of magnolias along the streets there. Not this year. I tried to find magnolias in the Plymouth area. I was not very successful - by the time I found this one, it had already started to turn brown - oh well, maybe next year.



Another view of the Spire and looking down Brewster Street - that's Plymouth harbor a block away in the distance.



And closer to home, these deer are enjoying the greenery in my yard. Both they and the turkeys are particularly skittish around humans but, they don't mind being in close proximity to each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment