Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Diving for Dinner, White Horse Beach, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



Yes, I know, sometimes I whine about the cold. After today, perhaps I will shut up for a while.



It is about 20 degrees F, the wind is blowing about 15 mph with higher gusts, and the water temp is about 40 degrees F. There are no other humans visible.



This gull is trolling along the surf-line looking for food.



When he sees it, he dives into the water to get it.



When he misses, he climbs back up, resumes his search, and dives again.



And I, when cold, simply go home to my warm space, and, when hungry, reach into my cupboard. I need to stop complaining.........it is, after all, stunningly beautiful here regardless the temperature. And I have hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment