Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, November 1, 2019

The End of the Journey, St. Petersburg, Florida, USA



My trip to visit St. Petersburg has come to an end. A few final images and thoughts.......the above is a harbor view from downtown.



St. Pete, a town overflowing with theatre, art, music, and creative spirit, has countless murals painted on the exterior of buildings.  This one is off Central Avenue.



A view along Coffee Pot Road after a rain shower.



And back at the Hollander Hotel, my home for this past week.  It was a perfect spot from which to launch my explorations and achieve 10,000-15,000 steps a day, too. Yes, I would stay here again - and hope to soon. (The Hollander originally opened in 1933).



Little Georgie walking along a sea wall at sunset.

So, you may recall, I posed a question in my first St. Pete post on this trip, "is this the area for me to move to as a snowbird or otherwise?"

And the answer is...........

Could I? Yes
Would I? Yes
Will I?  Maybe - ask me again in the middle of the New England winter when the wind is howling and it's 15 degrees outside with dull gray skies and the invisible sun is setting just after 4pm in the afternoon.

Of course, I'm not 25 years old anymore. Pulling up stakes is more complicated now than just loading my bag into the back of my hippie van and driving south for 1500 miles to a new life. It's not so simple at 67 years old - or - maybe it is.............


No comments:

Post a Comment