Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tan Man, Agouti, and Guacamole, Villas del Mar, Puerto Aventuras, Quintana Roo, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Those of you who know me as a pasty white skinny caucasian guy who's never been in the sun, well - forget that. After two months in sunny Mexico, I am now known as the Superhero - TANMAN!  Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Now, if I could just turn back the clock and make that gray/white hair disappear...........by the way, almost all that tan was acquired from reflected light in the shade.  After a few rounds of skin cancer surgeries, I don't purposefully sun myself. (Photo compliments of Amy).

And now, near the very end of my trip, I was sitting calmly outside when an agouti ran by within inches of me.  A rare event.  They usually stay a good distance away from humans.  And even though some of the folks called them "Mexican rats," they seemed more like big guinea pigs to me. They were most easily seen out and about the first hour of daylight and the last hour before sunset.

This is the 357th avocado that I have made into guacamole on this trip. Approximately 55 different batches - my chopping knife barely has an edge anymore - jalapeños, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, and limes - chop, chop, chop - they all take a toll.  This is the final batch in Mexico on this trip.  A sad moment in the heart of a hardcore guacamole lover. What time is it?  It is now and always,  "Guac-o'clock."


No comments:

Post a Comment