Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

New England Fall, Brookwood Farm, Blue Hills Reservation, Milton, Canton, Massachusetts, USA



My return trip to Brookwood Farm in the Blue Hills Reservation found the full range of fall color on display.

Sort of multiple choice - pick whichever color you want and go to that tree.

This time, I wasn't the only person here with a camera.

It was a beautiful day for enjoying the fall colors.



Having a human in an image usually improves the final result and provides a reference point for scale.



As I was framing my next image, this baby pumpkin fell out of a really tall pumpkin tree and almost hit my head. Seemed like a gift - a seasonally appropriate prop for pictures!



It then jumped up on a stump for a head-on portrait.



Then it nuzzled around on the ground in the fallen leaves.



I carried it to this glen to meet some of the kindred spirits of pumpkin-colored leaves.



It was trembling with excitement at all the color.



Then, another seasonally appropriate vegetable came along to hang out with pumpkin.



Seeing the opportunity for a party, an apple joined the vegetable duo.



They know that Thanksgiving is coming soon and they hope that they don't have to share the dinner table with any dead animals.



They reminded me to watch this fascinating video from a few years ago from the PBS show "Nature - My Life as a Turkey." I'll forever think of turkeys differently - and so might you.


No comments:

Post a Comment