Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, May 31, 2018

A Perfect Spring Day, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



A spring day doesn't get more perfect than this: clear skies, warm temps, and a light breeze.

All my beach walks start on this bluff since I don't live nearby and must walk about 10 minutes from my home inland. And I like that just fine. It builds anticipation as I approach what is one of my favorite spots in the world.



The upper arm and tip of Cape Cod is about twenty miles distant across the bay. On a clear day, some of the tall structures - memorials and lighthouses - in Provincetown can be seen from here.



This bench was lucky it didn't fall over the edge with the widespread erosion that occurred this past winter.



Time to head down onto the sand.



Few people are out on this weekday and only a couple more weeks remain for the bulldozers - they have to be off the beach by mid-June.



Months after the fact, I am still in awe of the winter storm destruction to many stairways. This was not a curved section of stairway before the storms.


No comments:

Post a Comment