Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, February 17, 2017

A Walking Man Walks, Doral, Florida, USA



The place we're staying for our second week has a great pool area. By midday, the shadows slowly start to cover the pool. Keeps the direct sun to a minimum. The air temperature is 82 degrees F. The water temperature is 85 degrees F. No ice nor snow nor cold in sight.



As the afternoon progresses, the sky picks up a soft glow filled with the warmth of the Miami air.



As night closes in, it was time for the kids staying here to roast some marshmallows to make s'mores!

I've been to Florida many times over my lifetime. Short visits but to only a few different locations - it is a big state. I always went home feeling some vague discontent. This visit to Miami Beach, however, has really clicked in a positive way. A lot has to do with the perfect winter weather - sunny, daily 75-85 degrees F, blue sky, breezes, no bugs, no rain - one could not script a finer physical climate. Add to that all the cultural and natural features and it is a complete destination experience.

Floridians, I have read, are almost all from somewhere else and tend to enjoy and appreciate the positive elements of this part of the world. Some refer to the Miami area as the capital of Latin America. I hear more different languages spoken here than anywhere I've ever been except perhaps New York City.

While staying in SOFI in South Beach, I walked a lot - just one more block, just one more block - each is beautiful and interesting - some old, some new. A flock of parrots raucously flew by overhead - I don't see or hear that at home in Manomet!

My daily step count for the first ten days is 149,583 or an average over the period of almost 15,000 steps/day. About 75 miles total. My daily target is 10,000. Not bad at all.

I am a walking man - and a walking man walks - especially in the warmth of a Miami winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment