Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, December 12, 2016

Reflections After the Rain, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


We had quite a rainstorm during the evening previous to this photo and the resulting clogged storm drain afforded me a great image opportunity for reflections.

I am drawn to reflections, especially those generated by random puddles - must be a holdover from childhood - playing in puddles - floating little rafts made of popsicle sticks with an occasional captured insect as captain and crew.

Here are a few puddle images in recent years from Lucca, Italy and from Provincetown, Massachusetts.


Farther along the road, another puddle, another opportunity. Hmmmm, I wonder if there are any popsicle sticks somewhere in a dark corner of the basement?................


2 comments:

  1. I grew up in Mumbai. I would love seeing little rainbows in the puddles a little girl, during the monsoons. Much later I realized that the rainbows were a result of oil leaks in cars driving over these puddles.

    I never saw the dirt in the puddles, or the oil, just the rainbows. They made me happy. Thanks for the memory of a simpler time.

    ReplyDelete