Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Benches, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



This bench occupies a beautiful spot on the planet. But it seems flatly two-dimensional by itself. It needs more context.



That's it in the center foreground. Now it's just a simple piece of wood near a storybook New England coastal home.



And farther along the bluff, these three benches are sitting in a row.



Nearby, another classic New England house stands in the sunshine.

Sitting on a bench can magically mark time as an extraordinary moment. I think that's why I see a lot of old people sitting on benches in the warm sunshine - they've spent a lifetime finding out that "benchtime" is an important component of "lifetime." It is a period of time to stop moving, sit down, and just BE for a few moments and simply enjoy the warm sunshine. It's worth noting that dogs and cats mastered the sitting in the warm sunshine concept very early in their lives. Hmmmmm.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, "Hmmmmm" referencing cats and dogs enjoying the SUN as She Shines; most likely they do so because they remember something, (instinctual ) that humans by all accounts have forgotten.

    :) I see you didn't post my comment on your Dec.14th article. 'Tis okay that you didn’t but alas...also the comment 'tis true.

    S in Southern C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did post it - just not as quickly as you may have expected - I'm retired, I do things when I do things. :-)

      Delete