Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Turkeys, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



I looked out the window and there was a rafter of turkeys ("rafter" is the official name for a flock of turkeys) hanging out below the bird feeder eating sunflower seeds.  This is momma turkey - not quite ready to run yet but, not very happy with my presence.



I very much enjoy living in our local ecosystem that still has wild species roaming about. Whether turkeys, deer, foxes, otters, hawks, herons, and countless other local and visiting bird species, chipmunks, squirrels, raccoons, or skunks, it is not uncommon to spot something foraging about for survival.

And speaking of deer - driving home descending the last few hundreds yards to home, there she was, standing in the middle of the drive, staring right into my headlights, frozen in place. She was, literally, a deer in the headlights. I sat still in the car for a few moments waiting for her to move, she stood and stared at me - still frozen in place - eventually she turned and walked calmly into the adjacent shadows. As I passed beside her, she was now back with her two babies all calmly munching leaves.

Life is good in rural Manomet.


No comments:

Post a Comment