Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Swans on the Pond, Bartlett Pond, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



I am apparently an amateur swan whisperer - when I call them they come to me. Back in May of this year, I posted a blog about them coming to visit. Three months later, mom and dad and four cygnets are still alive and thriving.



They came by recently to say hi.



Flanked by mom and dad and sibling, the one in the middle is talking to me. Really.



Here, I instructed them (in secret swan language of course) to turn and look to their left for a profile portrait. They were most obliging as you can see.

Of the original seven cygnets, four have made it to adulthood. That is uncommon in my observation on this pond over the years - between exposure, snapping turtles, hawks, whatever other predators - usually only one or two survive to adulthood.


2 comments:

  1. G’day swan whisperer :)

    Beautiful…thank you for sharing these particular snaps. Great to see Amy in the garden a few day ago as well as see the ‘tin man’ still standing tall. Sometimes inanimate objects take on a personality of their own…keep s/he for as long as you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I have a feeling this will be Tinman's last winter. Rust is relentless.

      Delete