White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hummingbird, Bartlett Pond, White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



I can't tell you how many times this summer I have tried to take a picture of a hummingbird for the few seconds it stays still to feed.  I want to capture the green iridescent coloring next to a red bee balm flower. That requires the bird be positioned at a certain angle relative to the sun for the color to pop. Mostly, I have been unsuccessful - but, this one, I like! It's fairly sharp for a point and shoot camera. And if truth be told, I was sitting in a chaise lounge about 15-20 feet away and didn't even get up for fear I might scare him away.  The ultimate in lazy-man photography!

2 comments:

  1. Nice, you got it, even while lounging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take a lesson - that's how us retirees "work" sometimes.

      Delete