Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, June 23, 2016

A Paddle-About, Bartlett Pond, Manomet, White Horse Beach, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



Today was one of those days - calm, great reflections - certainly a kayak paddle-about is called for.



Unusually, this blimp was doing an aerial tour of the area. I don't recall having seen a blimp here before.



Looks like he flew past both Stage and Manomet Points and then headed back north along the coastline.



Hmmm, I think I should try a few panoramas......



....even though my panning motion is difficult to manage while twisting my body sitting in a kayak.



I am fascinated by the software that stitches together multiple slices of a panned image and smooths things out. The kayak paddle, for example, is not curved in real life as it appears above. It is straight as an arrow.



Here I am wandering gently around the pond. (Photo courtesy of Tim Morse).



The "nine window" house creates a nice reflection today. And speaking of reflections,..............



...... this is one of my favorites ever. Life is good in Manomet.


No comments:

Post a Comment