White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Music, Seville, Andalusia, Spain



Those of you following along on this Spain trip will recall I mentioned an extrordinary musical experience hearing some street musicians during an evening paseo. (Here's the link) Well, a week later, on a different street I saw them again and here they are playing in front of a grafitti wall. Again, extraordinary music.



I didn't linger with my favorite street musicians because we were in a hurry to get to this restaurant, Volapie, and get a seat for a free Flamenco show. We did have to buy food and drinks though - not much, a couple tapas and a bottle of water. Every weekday evening at 9pm, the Volapie bar/restaurant, located very near the Parasol on Calle Martin Villa in Centro, moves aside a few tables and provides this show.



I don't know much about Flamenco and this was the first show I had ever seen and frankly, it was wonderful. Three artists perform together: a guitarist, a singer, and a dancer. The venue had a sign posted saying they did not permit photos during the performance but my next blog post will have some photos from another public location and time that did.


No comments:

Post a Comment