Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, February 29, 2016

Flamenco in the Plaza Nueva, Centro, Seville, Andalusia, Spain



In the Plaza Nueva in Centro, this Flamenco trio was performing for passersby. They bring their own wood platform both to create the traditional sound and perhaps to protect the marble or granite blocks from any damage caused by the powerful foot movements.  Seville's City Hall is the building in the background.



It is such a vibrant and passionate dance and performance. The contrast with typically restrained street performers in the United States is noteworthy to me. In fact, I seldom see  more than a soloist performing on the street at home - a duo or trio is rare - Americans are more restrained - perhaps I mean uptight?



It is typical for spectators to interact and to also shout out encouragement along with the musicians. Olé!



I wish I could understand the words........I expect it is about love, loss, beauty, heartbreak, inspiration, and happiness - like all great music of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment