Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Never a Dull Moment, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


So on this daily walk, I was photographing my favorite tree trying out some infrared effects when, out of the corner of my eye........

....I spotted this critter in the distance crossing the road at a very leisurely pace.

He sits down in the lush grass as I approach. He sees me, he stares, he sits, he stares, then he lies down, and stares - what audacity. 

He's a wild red fox acting as tame as a household pet!

Yep, it's definitely a red fox. Eventually, I got too close for his comfort so he scampered off into the brush.  Who would have thought.

Continuing on, I headed down to the beach and heard a faint call for help - and then found perched on a rock on the jetty.......

........ a Red Power Ranger clamoring for my attention. Now what's he doing here at the beach today?  Of course I can't fault him for being out here - it is totally beautiful today. In his tiny voice, he asked me to follow him. 

He was pointing to something........

........he jumped onto another rock but continued pointing........

.....he jumped down off the rock and starting slogging through the sand...... he trudged up the beach - it took a while with those short, little legs, and he had to successfully fight off the flock of........

....one-legged gulls standing guard on the beach.

Soon, we arrived at this mostly buried kayak.  Only the red tip of the bow is visible at left and the yellow seat back in the middle.  That's what happens when you leave your kayak tied down but below the high tide line. Incoming high storm tides heaped lots of sand on top of it. It seems that the Red Ranger wanted me to shovel the kayak out of the sand - I said "no way."   I mean, really, he's the super hero, not me, he should do the work - I'm retired.


1 comment: