Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wandering Around - Part 4 - Boston, Massachusetts, USA

For this final part of my tourist walk in Boston, from the Commonwealth Avenue pedestrian mall, I re-entered the Public Garden, and continued across the lagoon bridge........



......where I saw this swan chasing a namesake swan boat. Go figure.

These pedal powered swan boats are popular for tourists.

A summer picnic beside the lagoon.  And speaking of picnics, all this walking makes me hungry so ........

..... I walked just outside the Public Garden, to the Boloco restaurant which offers an inexpensive lunch on a shady outdoor patio at the corner of Boylston Street and Charles Street  - vegan options available!

Immediately adjacent to the lunch patio, the Edgar Allan Poe foundation erected this sculpture of their namesake and his trusty raven.



So now I'm hot and tired of walking but, at least my belly is full - a last sculpture on the edge of the Boston Common and then underground to the Red Line subway station at Park Street for my quiet trip back to Braintree and then home sweet home. Ah, Boston.......a world class city always.


No comments:

Post a Comment