White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, June 29, 2015

Walkin' and Thinkin,' Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

I like to listen to the popular music radio stations - the 18-34-year-old target demographic. It keeps me young by staying in touch with the music of the current generation - it is the period of life when youth and optimism and possibility drive creative thought. The themes and ideas that resonate are what the musical stars write and sing about - mostly the same ideas of every generation: love, hope, beauty, dreams, dramas, heartbreak, all wrapped up in a clever lyric delivered by a catchy tune that makes me tap my foot, sing along badly, and imagine being "young" again.

Today's very calm sea makes for perfect kayak learning conditions.

A house perched on the bluff amidst the lush green of summer.

Steps to the beach.

My daily goal of walking 10,000 steps has added benefits - I am amazed how it opens my senses to the world around me.  Walking 10,000 steps is not a difficult movement - it's just repeated for a long time. Humans are, after all, either designed or evolved to walk (depending on your religious and/or scientific beliefs).

As a holdover from a lifetime of meetings and appointments, I still keep a daily agenda/list of things to do.  My past practice was to move from one item to the next if I finished the first one early.  Now, when I finish something early, I'd rather try to enjoy the "extra" time before I start the next item. I consider it new, free time that just fell from the sky. I'll take any extra time I can get since the clock seems to move faster as I get older.

(Note: all images made with cellphone).


No comments:

Post a Comment