Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, June 29, 2015

Walkin' and Thinkin,' Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

I like to listen to the popular music radio stations - the 18-34-year-old target demographic. It keeps me young by staying in touch with the music of the current generation - it is the period of life when youth and optimism and possibility drive creative thought. The themes and ideas that resonate are what the musical stars write and sing about - mostly the same ideas of every generation: love, hope, beauty, dreams, dramas, heartbreak, all wrapped up in a clever lyric delivered by a catchy tune that makes me tap my foot, sing along badly, and imagine being "young" again.

Today's very calm sea makes for perfect kayak learning conditions.

A house perched on the bluff amidst the lush green of summer.

Steps to the beach.

My daily goal of walking 10,000 steps has added benefits - I am amazed how it opens my senses to the world around me.  Walking 10,000 steps is not a difficult movement - it's just repeated for a long time. Humans are, after all, either designed or evolved to walk (depending on your religious and/or scientific beliefs).

As a holdover from a lifetime of meetings and appointments, I still keep a daily agenda/list of things to do.  My past practice was to move from one item to the next if I finished the first one early.  Now, when I finish something early, I'd rather try to enjoy the "extra" time before I start the next item. I consider it new, free time that just fell from the sky. I'll take any extra time I can get since the clock seems to move faster as I get older.

(Note: all images made with cellphone).


No comments:

Post a Comment