White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Another Beautiful Spring Day, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

As a wandering photographer, I try to see the extraordinary in the ordinary. At the beach, for example, I watched a dog chase a crow - not much of a contest - the crow always is faster but, the dog still is in full race mode anyway - it's the journey, not the destination, the sheer joy of the chase - even a dog understands that about life.

The "cape cod berm" is a very gradual and low curb popular on roads in New England. Its shallow depth allows leaves to collect in fall, sand to collect in winter, and in spring - cherry petals after they fall to the ground.

A stone dust cloud rises as this mason cuts the capstones for this low wall.

Garden entrance with a view.

I walk more purposefully and more slowly as an older man - watching footfalls, assessing balance and obstacles - taking more care - in youth, not a second thought - older now, I recognize the fragility of life and health and I don't want to further the decline of age by breaking something that will be slow to heal. The advantage of a slower speed is that it enables me to sometimes see beauty I would otherwise miss.

Although I don't fish, I understand the appeal for some - it's not always about the fish - it's about enjoying being outdoors and relaxing for a few hours in an age increasing difficult to find relaxation. I hope he left his cellphone at home.

Note: all images made with my cellphone.


No comments:

Post a Comment