Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Another Beautiful Spring Day, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

As a wandering photographer, I try to see the extraordinary in the ordinary. At the beach, for example, I watched a dog chase a crow - not much of a contest - the crow always is faster but, the dog still is in full race mode anyway - it's the journey, not the destination, the sheer joy of the chase - even a dog understands that about life.

The "cape cod berm" is a very gradual and low curb popular on roads in New England. Its shallow depth allows leaves to collect in fall, sand to collect in winter, and in spring - cherry petals after they fall to the ground.

A stone dust cloud rises as this mason cuts the capstones for this low wall.

Garden entrance with a view.

I walk more purposefully and more slowly as an older man - watching footfalls, assessing balance and obstacles - taking more care - in youth, not a second thought - older now, I recognize the fragility of life and health and I don't want to further the decline of age by breaking something that will be slow to heal. The advantage of a slower speed is that it enables me to sometimes see beauty I would otherwise miss.

Although I don't fish, I understand the appeal for some - it's not always about the fish - it's about enjoying being outdoors and relaxing for a few hours in an age increasing difficult to find relaxation. I hope he left his cellphone at home.

Note: all images made with my cellphone.


No comments:

Post a Comment