Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, March 30, 2015

Random Sights, L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France

 L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is a great town to wander about.  It's full of narrow twisty lanes, the terrain is flat, and since it's surrounded by water, you can only get a little bit lost and never be far from home. Some have called it the Venice of Provence.

This stone garden table looks like a great place for lunch or dinner if you have a party of 14 people. I just wandered in - not sure if it's part of a restaurant when in season or free public access.

Fading paint and a small piccolo boy on the windowsill.

An antiques shop closed today. Google translate says it means, "My Dear Master."

Love this multi-tasker - speed walking, reading her smartphone, and reaching in her bag for something else. Furniture store is in the background and the town main square in the reflection, Whew! Way too much happening.



Once again, there's that front door color that I like. I shall call it, "Provence Blue," soon to be my front door color back home.



I think it might be odd living over a street like the blue house above - but a great vantage point to see the comings and goings of townsfolk and visitors.



Inside the town's 12th century church.



And as we've seen typically in both the Paris area and here in Provence, flowers are for sale every day, not just on market day.



I can't tell if the stucco fell off or has been chipped off but, I sure like the stone look underneath.


Yep, I think it's time for a new front door color when I get home - "Provence Blue." This house has a backyard on and steps down to the Sorgue River.



And speaking of the Sorgue, as darkness falls, the restaurants get ready to open at or after 7pm to start the dinner hours. No 5pm early bird specials here.


No comments:

Post a Comment