Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Closing Thoughts and Comments, Île-de-France, France



It is time to leave the Paris area and head south so a few comments are in order, along with a few choice images. Paris has been everything I've imagined it to be and more. A world-class city that oozes much of the history of our collective Western civilization. Sure, it has any of the problems all big cities in the world face but, they seem to face it with such aplomb.

It has seemed so dramatic to me to sit at lunch sipping local French wine and hearing the babble of conversation all around me spoken in French - it feels like I am in a foreign movie and I keep waiting for the director to yell "CUT."

It is an amazing testimony to human ability that we can make sense of and establish rules for sounds - speech sounds that make sense to each other - and do so in a polyglot of different languages.  Even more amazing that some humans can master more than one language.

Some have asked me, "don't you get tired of doing all this running around at your age?"  Well, yes sometimes but, I'm 62 years old, life is short. I'm going to keep going until I can't anymore - I'm not ready for a recliner chair, a TV remote, and the 4pm dinner special just yet. 

Although, I do like dinner early.........and a good nap in a recliner is sure nice.....and I am fond of the remote control.............

I have found the French people to be wonderful in every way - friendly, helpful, courteous, passionate and alive. In response to a question about whether we could do something, a Frenchman said to us the other day in heavily accented but clear English, "everysing iz posseebul."  A great response and a great attitude!

A city of uncommon beauty, grace, and history at any time of day or night.

But, it's time to hit the road again........next stop, Lyon, and then the Provence region of southeastern France.



Vive la France!


No comments:

Post a Comment