Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, March 27, 2015

Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque, (Sénanque Abbey), Gordes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France

The abbey was founded in 1148 and is still in operation today. The monks depend on growing lavender, raising bees, and tourism for income sources.

All the grays of this cloudy winter's day blend together: the stones of the abbey, the rocky hillside, and even the foreground lavender plants.

In July, the bloom of lavender brings folks from far and wide. I was very disappointed not to see it in March in full color so...................

.........I made it bloom myself - I am the great and powerful Wizard of Oz - (and I have some ability with Photoshop Elements software). 


1 comment:

  1. I was just going to say, 'too bad you didn't see it in bloom'.

    ReplyDelete