Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Greatest Hits of 2014 - A Helping Hand


About this image:

This particular image is about capturing the idea of friendship.  These two women are walking up a very steep street in the late afternoon sunlight.  The strong and long shadow creates nice depth. Whether they are mother and daughter or lifelong good friends, the heartfelt connection between the two is obvious. The location is Manarola, Liguria, Italy.

*******************************************************************************

About this series:

Last year, I created about 20,000 images with my point-and-shoot camera.  Of those, I published about 2,000 in 329 separate blog posts. I sat down recently and wandered through those 2,000 images and decided to select around 20 of them to re-publish as my "Greatest Hits of 2014," along with a comment about the image.

First, a comment about digital photography. Comparing digital to film, if I use a purchase price of $7 per roll (for a 36-exposure roll of color film) and add another $13 per roll to process as a benchmark, those 20,000 images would have used about 555 rolls at a total cost of more than $11,000! which would have been unaffordable.

Since I didn't use film, my only cost was the memory card and batteries in the camera. Essentially zero cost per image. No wonder digital camera photography has taken the world by storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment