Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall at Wachusett Reservoir, West Boylston, Massachusetts, USA


It was a beautiful fall day so I drove inland a few hours to try to catch the peak fall leaves in the Wachusett area. Wachusett Reservoir, (and mountain, ski area, and state park), is located about 45 miles straight line due west of Boston.

The view above is in the section of the reservoir where Route 12/140 cross the water. In the image above, the Old Stone Church (built in 1892) is visible on the point. The gull was a lucky fly-by.

It is pretty special wandering around through the New England fall, experiencing the kaleidoscope of colors exploding against the bright blue sky. This view is on the grounds of the Old Stone Church. 

Looking back at the Route 12/140 highway bridge.

A classic New England church scene - The Oakdale United Methodist Church in West Boylston.

The same church.

Typical topography in the area.

Although many times when I walk out my door, I have a good idea of what a particular blog post is going to be about and how it will look, just as often I don't. Therein lies the challenge - to find images, pair up some text, and make it coherent for the reader to experience in about one minute. For this one, my only goal was to capture spectacular fall colors. I think I succeeded.


No comments:

Post a Comment