Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, August 11, 2014

Project Arts of Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



Project Arts of Plymouth is a non-profit organization funded by generous sponsors, donors, and the public. This is their 19th year of hosting free concerts during the summer on the waterfront in downtown Plymouth. This year was special in that a new permanent bandshell structure had been completed and replaced the open-sided trailer stage they used in previous years.

Getting to hear great live music beside the beautiful Plymouth harbor and Plymouth Rock in America's hometown is pretty special. I always prefer informal seating on the grass because you can bring your own favorite chair or blanket and define the space that you occupy - very comfortable - and at my age I'm into comfort.

Anne English was the opening performer followed by headliner rock and roll cover band Cheap Voova.

I  wasn't sure what Cheap Voova means so I googled it. Don't look it up if you are a prude.





 The early evening light was beautiful on this day. 

 A tourist boat, The Lobster Tales (at left), cruises by the docks near the music venue. 

Not one but three, count 'em three, 300 horsepower motors.  I bet that boat moves like a rocket ship across the water but, I sure would hate to pay his fuel bill. I use "his" purposefully - arrgh, more power!

No comments:

Post a Comment