Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Guacamole: A Vegan Treat

An astute observer of guacamole making will recognize 5 of the 7 ingredients in the photo above. (Missing is salt and cilantro). I tried using a soft focus effect on the photo but frankly, it just looks a bit blurry to me. Avocado count is at 56 in just the first week here, although they are sold by kilo weight, breaking it down per unit, the price has ranged from 30-50 cents US each depending on where they were purchased. Sure beats the range of 1-2 dollars US each we must pay in Massachusetts.

In my obsessive-compulsive method of guacamole making, the supporting cast (jalapeño, tomato, lime, salt, red onion, and cilantro),  has been chopped, diced and mixed thoroughly into a bowl to get to know each other and form a spiritual and magical bond of flavors.  The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. 

Meanwhile, the stars of the performance, the avocados, sit patiently waiting to join their supporting cast to make the orchestra complete.  Ah, guacamole.... my love.... my life.......your creamy smoothness and fiery bite so excite my palate...... you, my Mexican lover......ahhhhhhhhhhhh. 

Okay, yes, I have gone a bit too far - I'll stop now. I must go to the local farmer's market and buy more!


No comments:

Post a Comment