Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, November 22, 2013

Japanese Red Maple, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA



Japanese Red Maples have a special place in my life. When my son was 5 years old, his grandfather gave us a tiny Japanese Red Maple seedling to plant.  When we moved away 15 years later, that tree had become a magnificent sight that arched over part of our driveway.  It's red crown and red carpet of leaves an annual reminder of another year of  life and growth. Forever into the future, I will regard a Japanese Red Maple with the special memory of watching my son grow into young adulthood with this beautiful living thing pacing him year for year.

I have not returned to that home since we left - party out of fear that the new owners may have cut it down - I'd rather not know. 

Here is grandpa's tree in late summer plumage, shortly before we moved away.


No comments:

Post a Comment