White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Quality of Life, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


Like many folks "of a certain age," I think and often say it would be great to live in a vibrant downtown location from which I can walk to people, shops, music, events, parks, entertainment, exercise -   an exciting lifestyle to enjoy the best that towns/cities have to offer. 

But many times when I'm in the city,  I am annoyed by traffic noise, by ambulances and police cars at all hours, by loud and rude people, by barking and aggressive dogs - you get the idea - so maybe the city isn't such a perfect choice for me.  

Instead, I continue to live in an automobile-dependent location in rural suburbia. It is quiet, peaceful, and calm and I get to occasionally see this Red-shouldered Hawk from my window.  He has been here on and off for a few months and is very skittish.  His shrill calls can sometimes be noisy and loud, too, but I don't seem to mind a bit. The music of nature trumps the cacophony of civilization. It is easy to like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment