Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Quality of Life, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


Like many folks "of a certain age," I think and often say it would be great to live in a vibrant downtown location from which I can walk to people, shops, music, events, parks, entertainment, exercise -   an exciting lifestyle to enjoy the best that towns/cities have to offer. 

But many times when I'm in the city,  I am annoyed by traffic noise, by ambulances and police cars at all hours, by loud and rude people, by barking and aggressive dogs - you get the idea - so maybe the city isn't such a perfect choice for me.  

Instead, I continue to live in an automobile-dependent location in rural suburbia. It is quiet, peaceful, and calm and I get to occasionally see this Red-shouldered Hawk from my window.  He has been here on and off for a few months and is very skittish.  His shrill calls can sometimes be noisy and loud, too, but I don't seem to mind a bit. The music of nature trumps the cacophony of civilization. It is easy to like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment