Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Frog Time, Bartlett Pond, White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

"Jeepers, creepers, where'd ya get those peepers" is a line from a song I remember as a young child.  (The song was written in 1938 but I heard it as a child during the 1950's).

Our frogs on the pond are singing up a storm this time of year - they usually start in earnest in early evening and galump until the following morning after dawn.  Seems that all that noise would attract predators in the darkness but I guess it works okay for frogs or they would have disappeared by now.

 It is difficult to sneak up on a frog.  They have such good peripheral vision that they can see most any approach angle.  This one let me approach because he could sense he was safe because I was a vegan and wouldn't harm him.  Okay, so I made that part up. That's one of the benefits of writing a blog - I can make up my own reality since I am also the editor and publisher.


No comments:

Post a Comment