Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Squirrels, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA


I have decided after long observation that the regular scientific laws of gravity do not fully apply to squirrels. In spring, as they chase and cavort in what I presume to be foreplay, they can clearly run down a tree as fast as they can run up it.  How can that be? They have discovered some anti-gravity secret. (And backward-facing rear claws sure help).

I have determined that they are, in fact, wizards. I caught one still wearing his hat as you can see above. He didn't know I was watching and was trying to impress his mate with his sense of style.  I don't think it worked - he looks pretty silly to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment