Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Random Sights, Boston, Massachusetts, USA

A solitary jogger along the plaza of the First Church of Christ, Scientist, in downtown Boston.


The lighting in this scene is from a reflection of late afternoon sun off a high rise building near the Prudential Center.

I always wonder where a jet departed and where its going when I observe its contrail. I usually wish I was onboard. As Leonardo DaVinci was reputed to say, " for once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will long to return."  I'm not sure how he knew that since he died in 1519, hundreds of years before George Cayley, Otto Lilienthal, or the Wright brothers created gliders and airplanes, but I like the quote anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment