White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
White Horse Beach, Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, February 4, 2013

Walking Man Walks, Puerto Aventuras, Quintana Roo, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico


I see many sights on my daily walks. Normally, I try to photograph and  focus on positive sights and sentiments.  But sometimes........I just can't help myself.  The species above I call in Latin, gringo americanus embarassus.   (And no, it is not me - but please - if you ever see me looking like this, put me out of my misery and have me taken far away).

Bar swings are fairly popular along the Riviera Maya. I don't get the concept personally - when I try to drink something in a swing it sloshes down my face - who came up with this idea anyway? Like drinkers aren't funny enough without putting them in a swing?

This large palapa was built for weddings at a Puerto Aventuras hotel and I expect it gets quite a bit of use.

I wonder sometimes what makes one real estate development a success and others either struggle to survive or don't make it. (Location, location, location is my guess).  These seem to be thriving.


This one, clearly not. So much was expended - time, money, effort to obtain and prepare the infrastructure, build the buildings and then.........

.......nothing now but a broken dream.  It's now waiting to be rescued by some low bidder who can maybe make a go of it somehow.  This property isn't oceanfront but is on a lagoon. I saw a couple agoutis scurry through but not much else.


No comments:

Post a Comment