Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, February 22, 2013

Another Early Morning Walk, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico


My walk begins at about kilometer 5 .  This building, part of an old and underused strip mall (but still houses the nearest bakery), offers some great visuals.  Amy did a whole study at this link.


Makes me feel like I'm in old world Spain - that regal stately colonial architecture.

A while later, I arrived at kilometer 12 at the biggest mall in the Zona Hotelera - not at all stately or colonial.  This place has most of the stores that one sees at any major mall in the United States and probably elsewhere in the world - and probably at similar prices but I'm a wanderer rather than a shopper.

 A nice canal runs through the mall.

It also has a multiplex movie theatre visible in the distance.

And on the lagoon side of the mall there are restaurants along the dock area.

At this crepe restaurant they were selling Nutella and strawberry crepes - I was sorely tempted after finishing   7 kilometers of  walking but I resisted. If I were ever on death row, that would be a contender for a last meal. Well, maybe for the dessert after the last meal. And yes, I know, Nutella is not vegan - but I'm not perfect. Instead, I walked back out to the main road and caught the bus back home for 8.5 pesos.  I'm growing spoiled by these one-way walks where I simply catch a bus back when I'm worn out.


No comments:

Post a Comment