Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Since many of  the readers of this blog are from other states or countries around the world, here is a glimpse of random summer views in the Plymouth area. Personally, I am always curious about the terrain and look and feel of foreign places and I imagine some of you are also - and Plymouth is your foreign place. These first four photos were taken less than 10 miles from downtown Plymouth.







I'd like to claim that this gauzy, impressionistic look was achieved by sheer creativity on my part - unfortunately not - I had to take the picture from inside looking out through a mesh window screen so I wouldn't startle the deer and her two fawns close to the house.

This limited access divided highway passes through Plymouth. As the highway gets closer to Boston to the north, commuters are permitted to drive on the shoulder during the rush hour periods. Perhaps this practice occurs in other places but it always unnerves me.  The idea that cars can drive on the shoulder (the breakdown lane) at high speed during rush hours seems inherently bad judgement to me.  Considering all the stuff I often see lying there on the shoulder - rubber chunks from tires, hubcaps, broken ladders, broken glass, cans, bottles, disabled cars with flat tires, etc. - I think I'll stick to the regular lanes.



No comments:

Post a Comment