Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, August 10, 2012

Beach Path, White Horse Beach, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Another one of the routes to the beach.

Why does the ocean and beach so draw me in? I'm not a strong swimmer, I don't enjoy water sports, I must always wear eyeglasses to see well, and I have pasty white caucasian skin that sunburns easily. But I choose to return, again and again, to beaches the world over, to feel their sand beneath my feet. I sometimes plan my day around low tide just so I can walk at the beach. Is it the mystery of sea life, the excitement of sea voyages, the foreign lands at distant shores, the promise of unknown cultures, foods, and lives, or the big, blue, visually beautiful expanse that stretches into the distance and joins the sky at the horizon?  Perhaps it's all of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment