Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Seaport District, South Boston Waterfront, Boston, Massachusetts, USA


Performing shows since 1984, the Quebec, Canada based Cirque du Soleil is in Boston this summer. They erected their tents in Boston's Seaport District for a month-long run of shows. I went to see it and would have to say it is among the very best live-performance events I have ever attended. The creativity, artistry, and skill of the performers was beyond belief. I'm disappointed I waited 25 years to see my first performance. (No photos permitted inside the big tent or during performances).

Folks arriving an hour before the show.

Riggers performing last minute checks on the tents.

Tents reflected in a tractor-trailer truck.

The Seaport District is a busy port, not just home to performances.  The Carnival Glory was about to sail to Canada.

I liked the reflection of the water as the ship pulled away from the dock.

Waterfront eateries were doing a booming business on this clear, 72 degree early evening.

Others enjoyed a peaceful sail on Boston Harbor. The Airport Hyatt is at left, the Logan Airport Traffic Control Tower is distant at center - my former place of employment where I was the air traffic manager for five years.

Flowers blooming and flags waving at Boston's World Trade Center.

A working fishing boat finished for the day.

Even the pigeons seemed to be enjoying themselves playing catch the shadow.


No comments:

Post a Comment