Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Sunday, February 19, 2012

20,000 Views !


The above photo shows my computer screen this afternoon. Today I reached 20,000 pageviews of my blog! Thank you to everyone for spending a little time with my blog over the past couple years. I hope these 60-second vacations of the mind and eye have been fun for you - it sure has been for me.

Today, Isle of Palms (and the whole area) received almost 3 inches of rain in 24 hours. As the storm cleared an hour before sunset, the air was fresh and clear and warm - it was wonderful.

Whenever I see the spume blowing off the tops of the waves, it reminds me of a poem by John Masefield that has been stuck in my brain since 5th or 6th grade in school:

"I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,
And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea's face, and a grey dawn breaking.

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way, where the wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over." 

Good night and thank you!

2 comments:

  1. That picture of the waves looks like a painting! Beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from the fabulous pictures and information, I read your blogs for new, interesting words. Out of the 20,000 views, I believe 1% have been mine. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete