Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Friday, January 6, 2012

Day in the Life, Isle of Palms, South Carolina, USA


This day began with a six mile walk.  I didn't intend it to be that long but, before I realized it I had walked three miles - and then I had to turn around and walk back. So much for paying attention to where I am......maybe I need to invent and wear an electric fence-like collar for humans, hmmmm? On second thought, I think law enforcement already has that device......

This portion of the entire artwork adorns the large side of a building.

A lone gull at sunrise.

Master tracker that I am, this is a footprint of a "happy" Canis lupus familiaris (domestic dog).  At first I thought it was a small bear but that would not be likely on a South Carolina beach.  So how do I know it is a "happy" dog? Elementary, Doctor Watson.  The deeply gouged nail marks, coupled with the forward-thrusting sand formation clearly indicates said dog moving forward at great speed.  A dog moving at great speed on the beach means he is running off the leash, chasing a ball, chasing a gull, or just running for pure joy.  Child's play for a master tracker.

This is a very sad palm tree or, in fake latin, palmus treeus limpus - and I'll resist the urge to make further cheap jokes about it's posture.

I wonder what a baby thinks being whisked along a beach while the parental unit jogs? 

The west side of Isle of Palms on the Intracoastal Waterway. Seems like everyone builds their own dock.

A private beach access.  They do a great job here of protecting the barrier dunes by using footbridge structures to prevent erosion and degradation by humans - hurricanes are another story.

Another day ends.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics- that animal footprint sure makes it seem like one big dog!
    -Jackie @ Inventory Software

    ReplyDelete