Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Manomet, Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA

Monday, October 31, 2011

What Are the Odds? White Horse Beach, Massachusetts, USA

Almost exactly two months ago, we experienced fallen maple tree limbs from Hurricane Irene.  This time, the recent "October Nor'easter" did the same thing with oak tree limbs.  What is extraordinary about this is, in both cases, tree branches fell on electrical power lines and internet lines, did damage that costs money to clean-up, but in neither case was electrical power nor internet service lost - what are the odds?
 
Looking at it another way, why haven't I learned to not have limbs where they could take out my electrical power and internet wires?  Considering that electricity and internet are two of my favorite addictions in this modern society, it seems like I should have made a more thoughtful decision about protecting the airspace above the wires - and me, a careerist at protecting airspace.......... oh, yeah, I'm retired now.




No comments:

Post a Comment